There will be so many times on this faith journey when you feel like throwing in the towel. I’ve been there! 🙋🏽♀️
Have you ever felt...
Our feelings sometimes tell us that God isn't with us or he's forgotten about us. But God gives us a promise that he will NEVER leave nor forsake us- despite how we feel.
Remember that life won't always be like this. This is a season and all seasons must change. During this time (although you may not feel like it) lean into spending time with God because he has a plan for your life. Trusting Him will give you the strength and perseverance you need to get thru this season.
I love that when we stay connected to God, he uses everything for our good. And we can flourish even in hard season.The strength you build in this season will prepare you to do greater things in the next season of your life. Things that you didn't think were possible!
HERE ARE 5 THINGS THAT MAY HELP YOU WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE GIVING UP.
1. Find 2-3 anchored promises in the bible and read them daily.
2. Stay in community- people that will support and pray for you
3. Take life one day at a time.
4. Fill your ears and eyes with things that will lift you up and glorify God.
5. When you feel overwhelmed thru out the day- set aside 2 minutes to just step away and breath. Pray one simple prayer...LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH TO KEEP GOING.
*BONUS* GRATITUDE! Write 2-3 things you're grateful for. Because the truth is God is always providing and loving on us in different ways. When you practice gratitude it helps keep your eyes off your own circumstances and you get to focus on what good is happening around you.
SCRIPTURES TO MEDITATE ON.
1. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. Matthew 6:34
2. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”Deuteronomy 31:6
3. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
4. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise Philippians 4:8
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS…
1) If you aren’t apart of our community click here and join the Faith Family.
2) Your story matters. Click here to share your Faith Story.
Wow, marquita. You’ve been through alot this year. Tough things…. thank you for sharing and please keep posted on how we can pray for you!